FIRST YEAR STUDENT: Residential Housing Agreement

FIRST YEAR STUDENT: Residential Housing Agreement

This form serves as your housing agreement, roommate questionnaire, and online payment form for your $150 housing security/damage deposit. You will need your CBU Student ID in order to complete this process. This can be found on your acceptance letter from Admissions or your award letter from Student Financial Aid. Please note that housing deposits are non-refundable after May 1.

The residency expectation supports Christian Brothers University’s educational philosophy that emphasizes the value of community and close student interactions. In addition, the requirement is in keeping with the University’s policy of maintaining reasonable costs by maximizing occupancy of residential spaces.

All full-time undergraduate students are expected to reside in university housing for their freshman and sophomore years. For transfer students, residency is similarly expected. Allowable exceptions include: married or registered domestic partnership; single parent; student is older than 25 at time of acceptance; extreme medical condition; providing a caregiving function; and those students living at home within 30 miles of the university. Students residing 30 or more miles of the campus wishing to live at home must submit a housing exception request form.

Please be advised, few exceptions to the live-on requirement will be approved. To request an exception, click here. A request for exception from the on-campus requirement does not guarantee nor imply it will be granted. All requests will be reviewed by the appropriate campus committee and their decision will be communicated within ten (10) business days of the submission.


* denotes required field